It is well believed that beauty is skin deep. Healthy glowing skin is a blessing to have. Healthy skin is possible only if the body is healthy. Applied cosmetic products are superficial and cannot make skin beautiful from within. Well-nourished skin feels supple and soft and makes the person feel beautiful from within. From time to time, skin being most exposed to the harsh weather and environment, needs replenishment and rejuvenation. Consumption of these foods mentioned below offer a new lease of life to unhealthy skin. In case one has dry, dull skin one can resort to these super advantageous foods for improving the skin.
1. FRUITS: Recommended as a must in most diets, fruits have immense potential to provide nourishment to the body thereby also improving the skin. Specific fruits such as avocado, pomegranates, and orange are extremely crucial in the process of hydration of the skin.
• AVOCADO- An important source of vitamin E and Biotin, avocados can also be made into a pack to be applied on the skin, besides being consumed. It makes skin healthy and replenished.
Know more about Avocado- A must have food
• POMEGRA NATE- Rich in polyphenol antioxidants, eating pomegranates ensures regulated blood flow into the skin. This in turn makes skin soft and smooth. A glass of pomegranate juice or a fruity each day is all that is required for having the beautiful skin one wants. Application on the skin reduces wrinkles and clears the complexion.
• ORANGE- Orange supplies the body with plenty of fluids necessary for blood circulation at the basic cellular level. Hence skin is rejuvenated and blessed with a healthy look. Vitamin Present in oranges and other citrus fruits in adequate amounts I a crucial antioxidant to protect the skin from the damage caused by the ultraviolet rays of the sun. The most essential structural protein of the body, collagen is helped in its formation by the intake of oranges in the body.
2. CHOCOLATE: A key ingredient in chocolate is Cocoa. This performs the task of keeping the skin hydrated and hence healthy. Skin therefore remains firm and moisturized. Comprising Flavonol, dark chocolate is an extremely significant source of antioxidants. Dermatologists agree that consumption of chocolates containing about 75% of Flavonol leads to glowing beautiful skin. Application of dark chocolate packs on the skin is often suggested for healed, luminous skin.
3. VEGETABLES: Undoubtedly, an important component of every beneficial diet, vegetables provide the nourishment to the body thereby nourishing the skin. Carrots, broccoli, beans and green leafy vegetables like lettuce and spinach.
• TOMATOES- Tomatoes help in diminishing the dark spots that develop on the skin over time. This is because tomatoes contain Lycopene which removes tan from the sunburnt skin. Also rich in Carotenoids, tomatoes reduce damage to the cells due to free radicals from the environment.
• SWEET POTATO- consumption of sweet potato yields well-hydrated, moisturized and toned skin. An important source of vitamin A it vitalizes the skin and yields it a glowing younger looking complexion.
4. KIDNEY BEANS: Kidney beans are one of the most important choices if one wants to have healthy vibrant skin. Rich in zinc, they not only make skin healthy but also heal it from within by removing blemishes, acne marks and spots that develop due to zinc deficiency in the body.
5. OATMEAL: Performing the action of a healer and preserver, oatmeal helps to retain the percentage of vitamins within the body. As it takes a long time to disintegrate and be absorbed by the body, it aids in maintaining the stability of the blood sugar level. This affects the skin in a beneficial way because high blood sugar is a reason for development of wrinkles on the skin. Plain. Smooth skin therefore makes it necessary to include oatmeal in the food intake.
• WALNUTS- A great way to prevent tired, shabby and drab is to increase the intake of walnuts as they contain Omega 3 fatty acids that help skin become taut and firm. Copper present in large amounts in walnuts facilitates the formation of collagen in the body. Having a few walnuts each day is a sure recipe for better looking, healthier, clearer skin.
• ALMONDS- Almonds are high in Vitamin E concentration. They build and repair damaged skin cells that are affected by the free radicals present in the atmosphere around us. A few almonds everyday goes a long way in building immunity and hence providing further benefits to the skin in keeping it young and healthy.
7. CHIA SEEDS: The purpose served by chia seeds in skin preservation and revitalization is mainly due to the presence of Omega3 fatty acids in large quantities in Chia seeds due to which the cell membranes are protected and skin moisture is retained. Hence skin does not get dry and worn out.
Dermatologists are of the opinion that a diet rich in fruits, yellow and green leafy vegetables, nuts, pulses, and fish can do wonders to revive the lost glow of tired skin. These prevent wrinkles and pigmentation and reduce existent spots leading to a fine and clearer complexion. These afore mentioned foods are a great way to diminish and further prevent the tanning of skin. Along with a proper diet, adequate water intake is a must for a natural healthy glow. Would you like to read -Remove Moles and Warts Naturally