The change in lifestyle in the last decade has been drastic. Food habits have changed radically. Even though people have been exposed to more information about various health concerns and how to prevent them or about their cure, health concerns have become an issue of prime importance in this era. There is a section of people who are extremely health conscious and follow strict routines to remain healthy but stress and sporadic work schedules have led to various diseases. These diseases are turning out to be a common phenomenon amongst mostly middle aged population of this age and the trend is also catching up with the younger crowd. Generation Y is yet to realize the importance of a healthy diet and stop binging on fast food regularly. Food habits and sleep patterns need to be checked in order that a normal routine is maintained and so that the body clock cycle is maintained. It is an important matter to be looked into, because if you are not physically fit you disrupt your daily life – the life you want to enjoy to the fullest.
Heart attacks and high blood pressure has become as common as viral fevers and stomach upsets. Cholesterol levels of most middle-aged men are high causing high blood pressure. Anxiety is another major cause of this phenomenon. High blood pressure is a problem due to which normal functioning of the body stops. Not only are you at risks of sudden heart attacks and blackouts but also your digestive system and immune system are affected tremendously. High blood pressure was earlier a prevalent issue amongst aged people but since this phenomenon is catching up with the young adults and the middle aged so rampantly it is to be given major importance.
It is very important that people take necessary steps to lad a healthy life. These diseases can be cured not only with medicines but also with precaution and awareness. It needs to be understood clearly that in order to lead a healthy personal and professional life a person has to be 100% fit and needs to be careful enough to maintain this fitness.
High blood pressure has unfortunately become a very common feature amongst today’s population. A doctor should be consulted at the earliest when you detect one or more of the following symptoms:
• Age (blood pressure usually increases with age)
• Digestive problems
• Excessive alcohol consumption
• Lack of exercise
• Sleep apnea
The causes of the above symptoms are:
• Excessive alcohol consumption
• Consuming a lot of salt in the diet
• Being overweight or obese
• Chronic stress
You would you like read about this-Benefits of Exercise
Several medications have been devised to cure high blood pressure. Regular walking, following strict diets and taking pills regularly help a lot in reducing high blood pressure so that you can come back to a normal and healthy life. But there is one particular method which has always given effective results and that is the use of acupressure. Its working principles have been tried and tested very exhaustively and its effectiveness has been measured strictly. The results of this reports are very convincing and have helped people to deal with their high blood pressures very commendably. Here we, talk at length about the acupressure, acupuncture and its various benefits.
Acupressure (a blend of “acupuncture” and “pressure”) is an alternative medicine technique derived from acupuncture. In acupressure physical pressure can be used efficiently to acupuncture points by theelbow, hand, or with several other devices. There are factually hundreds of acupressure points on the body.
Some Effective Acupressure Points to Treat Hypertension or High blood pressure are listed below.
• Gall Bladder 20 is one of the effective acupressure points for high blood pressure dealing. This is also known as the Wind Pool. It is located at the back of the neck, exactly at the base of the skull, in a depression on either side of the vertebra. The point gets activated by applying steady medium pressure using the thumbs for 1 minute or more while you breathe deeply.
• GV 20 or Governing Vessel 20 is a persuasive point of acupressure for high blood pressure control. Known as Hundred Convergences, it is located at the top of the head, at the middle of an imagined line drawn from ear to ear.
• LI 11 or Large Intestine 11 is one more chief acupressure point that is recurrently used for high blood pressure dealing. Acknowledged as the Crooked Pond, it is positioned on the outer side of the elbow, where the elbow crease ends. It can be stimulated by applying strong and steady pressure on the point for a minute and then smearing relatively the same pressure on the other arm.
• LI 4 or Large Intestine 4 is a tremendously beneficial acupressure point. This point is often designated as the Union Valley, and is positioned in the netting or webbing found between the thumb and the forefinger.
• ST 36 or Stomach 36 rejuvenates the blood and reinstates the stability of the energies. This point is termed the Leg Three Miles. It is sited four finger widths beneath the lower edge of the kneecap and almost one finger width off the shin bone. This point is activated by putting on moderate to firm pressure at the point for a minute.
• C 6 or Pericardium 6 soothes and aids the heart and the rest of the circulatory system for a proper functioning. It is known as the Inner Gate. It is placed on the inner forearm.
• GB 34 or Gall Bladder 34,also called the Yang Hill Spring is a useful acupressure point to control hypertension naturally. It is found in the hollow below the head of the fibula on the lateral side of the lower leg.
You would you like read about this-Living Healthy Life
Acupuncture is an essential portion of complementary and alternative medicine, incorporating techniques from Korean, Chinese and Japanese customs. When correctly done, acupuncture is seen to be a safe practice. However, if any unusual symptoms are noticed immediately inform the associated physician. Also use acupuncture only on doctors’ advice.
Procedure of using acupuncture
Acupuncture involves the attachment or insertion of needles, which are generally as lean as the human hair into the skin of the person on specific effective acupressure sensitive locations of the body. A few essential facts that are useful about the process are:
• The associated physician or the acupuncturist might leave the needles in for a period of time, or use electrical stimulation or manipulate them with his or her hands.
• The effect and experience of acupuncture is different to different people. There have been reports where people report pain while inserting the needles while mostly people say that they do not find any discomfort or pain in the process.
• Many people report that they feel very energetic after the entire procedure while some feel relaxed.
But the overall result of the procedure has been proven to be positive in most of the people who have tried this procedure. Follow-up treatments are recommended and are typically done over a span of some weeks or months.
Recent studies have shown that this Chinese tradition has proved to be very effective. There is a certain section that do not approve its working principles and are not entirely convinced about this idea, but those that have been benefitted have become an absolute span. It is not a costly procedure and also sticking needles is always not necessary. Stimulating the correct acupressure points are enough to get your blood pressure under control. Medication costs become a burden when it piles up on regular living costs. It does not involve the use of pills and are not costly. Therefore, it is appealing to many people and if it works fine, then there is no reason to think otherwise. But it is always essential that you consult a doctor before you start yourself with this process or you might unnecessarily cause damage to your health.
It is a technique worth trying if you do not like to be on pills. Enough tests and surveys have been done to check the effectiveness of this method and reports have been largely positive. If your doctor recommends this method, adopt this method without any apprehension. Also maintain a healthy diet and regularize your lifestyle to lead a happy and hearty life. This message goes out to people of every age suffering from blood pressure, as this is a disease, which can be easily cured under correct guidance. Do not let this disease get the better of you just because you want to unnecessarily indulge in certain habits, which give temporary pleasure and cause long-term harm. If this is clear in one’s mind, taking steps to materialize the goal of eradicating high blood pressure will not be very difficult.
You Would like to read about this – Understanding Rheumatoid Arthritis