Wrinkles are a natural effect of ageing. The elastin and collagen present in the connective tissue of the skin, gets weakened and damaged due to certain changes in the fibroblasts which helps in the production of elastin and collagen. Ageing result in the loss of moisture and elasticity of our skins, thereby, making the skin wrinkle prone. Usually they are caused by sagging skins and they appear on top of regions which are usually exposed to the sun for a long duration, like the wrists, face, neck and forearms. Genetics also play a small part in the formation of wrinkles. Some of the other factors, which are known to contribute to the formation of wrinkles, are pollution, use of certain drugs, loss of vitamin E, sudden and abrupt loss of weight, excessive levels of stress and smoking. Dermatologists are known to suggest surgeries, creams, chemicals, fillers, injections and botox to hide these signs of ageing. But there are also certain other methods which show how to get rid of wrinkles. These home remedies for wrinkles are shocking in their simplicity and ease in application.
Prevention is Better than Cure
This age-old proverb rings true. Indeed, it is easier to prevent the formation rather than wait around for its eventual cure. Similarly, in the case of wrinkles, its formation can be prevented with little care. Mentioned below are some of the remedies for the prevention of the formation of wrinkles:
• Protect the skin from the harmful rays of the sun: Old age reduces the potency of the genes to control inflammation; it also hinders the produce and strengthening of collagen in the tissues as well as the ability of the skin to retain water. When the skin gets exposed to the harsh rays of the sun, it enforces the growth of genetic mutations on the skin; these mutations severely harm the skin and cause ugly wrinkles and even cancer in the worst case scenario. So it would be prudent to apply lots of sun block and wearing wide brimmed hats, sunglasses and covering up your skin as much as possible without incurring Vitamin D deficiency.
• Lay on your Back while Sleeping: If you lay on your stomach or your side, then a considerable portion of your weight gets intercepted by your face, and thereby creates ‘sleep lines’ on your cheeks and chin; and sleeping with your face down on the pillow might result in furrowed brow, these may ultimately lead to the formation of wrinkles on your face. So the best way to prevent wrinkles while sleeping is by sleeping on your back.
• Intake of Antioxidants: The UV ray absorbed by the skin has the ability to create volatile radical molecules, which mix in the DNA and result in wrinkle causing mutations. Antioxidants help to boost your body’s protection and defend against these vile mutations. These antioxidants can be created in your body by consuming certain food and beverages like pomegranates, blueberries, green tea and the likes; the application of certain creams and moisturizers can also help.
• Consumption of Omega3-fatty acids: Fishes like sardines and salmons are rich in their protein content and omega-3 fatty acids. These two components are great for nourishing skin, retaining its youthfulness and preventing the formation of wrinkles.
You would like to know about this – Remove moles warts naturally
Protecting the Skin
Squinting is a phenomenon wherein the facial muscles get overworked which eventually results in the formation of a groove beneath the surface of the skin, thereby causing wrinkles. So it would be in your best interest if you would stop squinting. Get glasses if you are short sighted instead of scrunching your eyes to see properly, also don’t forget to wear sunglasses before stepping out under the glaring rays of the sun. Sunglasses not only protect your eyes and prevent squinting, but they also protect the delicate skin around your eyes from the harsh rays of the sun. Another important thing, which can help in the prevention of formation of wrinkles, is to remember not to wash your face too many times a day. Over washing your face may result in the loss of natural oils and moisture which hinders the growth of wrinkles. It would be prudent to wash your face once a day and other times to just splash some water on your wash. The use of moisturisers and cleansing gel is also recommended. Also, while applying makeup, do not tug or rub the sensitive and delicate skin around the eyes. Excessive tugging and rubbing might result in the occurrence of wrinkles. So while applying and removing makeup, be gentle in your movements.
Changing Certain Food Habits Can Aid In Reducing Wrinkles
Consumption of soy nourishes the skin, prevents damage and improves the firmness and structure of the skin, thereby reduces wrinkles. Soy can be applied directly on the skin too. Trading coffee for cocoa can also help in reducing wrinkles. There are high levels of antioxidants like catechin and epicatechin present in cocoa. These antioxidants helps to protect the skin from further skin damage, prevents wrinkles, improves the flow of blood to the skin cells, aids in hydration and all in all makes the skin appear to be younger and smoother. A similar feat can also be attained by regular exercising. Exercise facilitates smooth flow of blood to the skin, elevates the rate of growth of new cells as well as helps in the production of the natural oil. This helps to make your skin look healthier, younger and wrinkle free.
Home Remedies for Wrinkles
There are some surprising ways to reduce wrinkles. Like the use of olive oil for massaging. Rich in antioxidants like Vitamin A and E, it helps to repair and regenerate skin cells by deeply moisturising. The application of the amalgamation of olive oil with a few drops of honey and glycerine aids in the elimination of dead cells and wrinkles.
You would like to read about- Health Benefits of Olive Oil
Some of the other home remedies are:
• Almonds: For best results, keep the almonds soaked in milk, all night. Remove the almond skin, the next day and grind the almonds to form a thick paste, apply this paste on your skin and in the region under your eyes to get shot of wrinkles. Leave the paste on, for around half an hour, after which you can wash it off with lukewarm water. Rich in vitamin E, iron, calcium, zinc, folic acid, oleic acid and fiber, it helps in delaying the effects of aging from affecting your skin.
• Ginger: Consumption of ginger tea and the mixture of a tablespoon of honey with a pinch of ginger daily, helps with adjusting the level of elastin in the skin tissues, and thereby works as a remedy for wrinkles.
• Aloe Vera: The content of malic acid in aloe vera aids in the reduction of wrinkles by enhancing the elasticity of the skin. One can directly apply the gel extracted from the leaves on the skin and its rich content of Vitamin E, helps in the reduction of wrinkles.
• Bananas: Mash the banana until it becomes a thick paste and apply it on the wrinkled regions. Or one could mix the mashed banana with avocado and honey and then apply it on the wrinkled area of your skin. The components of minerals antioxidants and vitamins in banana help in the removal of wrinkles and enhancing its youthfulness quotient.
• Carrots: Carrots have Vitamin A in them, which aids in producing collagen and keeping the skin smooth and wrinkle free. Consumption of raw carrots in your diet is very healthy. Alternatively, you could apply a paste of boiled carrot and honey on your face, leave it for some time and then wash it off with tepid water.
You would you like to read about this – How to deal with menstrual cramps